Healthy lunch recipes need not be complicated to prepare even with limited time. The following healthy lunch recipes will make your lunchtime exciting even with the midday rush.
Some Great Healthy Lunch Recipes For You
1. Egg salad sandwiches with Watercress. One of the all-time favorite healthy lunch recipes is this sandwich. You need 8 large hard-boiled eggs, 3 tablespoons non-fat plain yogurt or non-fat sour cream, 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon grainy mustard, 4 trimmed and chopped scallions, ¾ cup washed and stemmed watercress, 8 slices pumpernickel bread, and salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
What makes this a must-list in your healthy lunch recipes is the level of nutrition you enjoy with this tasty sandwich. To prepare, chop egg whites and keep aside, along with the rest of egg yolks. Mash the 2 yolks, sour cream, mayonnaise and mustard with a fork and add chopped egg whites and scallions. Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
To make the sandwich, arrange the watercress on 4 slices of bread. Top with the mixture and cover with the remaining slices.
2. Artichoke and Ripe Olive Tuna Salad. This is one of the healthy lunch recipes that should be a breeze to prepare. You need a 12-ounce can of drained and flaked light tuna, a cup of canned artichoke hearts, ½ cup chopped olives, 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, and 1 ½ teaspoons of chopped fresh oregano. Combine all ingredients and mix in a bowl.
3. Salmon Salad Bento Lunch. This should be in your ready-to-go healthy lunch recipes. You need ½ cup boneless, skinless and flaked canned salmon, 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 kalamata olives that are pitted and diced, 1 teaspoon minced red onion, 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley, 1 teaspoon rinsed and chopped parsley, 1 teaspoon rinsed and chopped capers, ½ cup watercress with tough stems removed. Mix everything in a small bowl. This is one of healthy lunch recipes that you can complement with 16 pieces whole-grain crackers, 1 cup mixed vegetables like bell peppers and carrots cut into sticks, and 1 cup mixed grapes.
4. Pizza Roll-Up. Another one of those get-up-and-go healthy lunch recipes is this pizza makeover. You need one 8-inch whole-wheat flour tortilla, 2 tablespoons prepared pizza sauce, 12 leaves baby spinach, and 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella. To prepare, place tortilla on a microwaveable plate, pour and evenly spread pizza sauce, top with an even layer of spinach, and sprinkle with cheese. Microwave the tortilla on high heat until the cheese melts. Let the tortilla cool, roll it up, and slice into pieces. This is one of adult healthy lunch recipes that are also popular among children.
5. Londoner’s Egg Sandwich. You need a tablespoon of reduced-fat cream cheese, 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard, ½ teaspoon chopped fresh dill, 1 large hard-boiled egg (sliced), 2 tomato slices, 2 slices of roasted, whole-grain rye bread, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix the cream cheese, mustard, and chopped dill. Then spread over the bread, top with egg and tomato, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cover with the other slice of toasted bread. This is one of your healthy lunch recipes that are time-saving and easy to prepare.